Bonding lead can be a difficult task if you aren’t using the right adhesive for the job. Lead is a heavy metal, but it can also be malleable and soft. With high stability and a density of 11.34 g/cm3, lead has the second highest atomic number. It is considered to be pretty passive unless it has been powdered. Bonding lead can be quite difficult, especially if you’re using a weak sealant or adhesive for the job.
Lead has several properties that makes it very useful and desired. These properties include its low melting point, high density, inertness to oxidation and its ductility. It is most commonly used in building construction, bullets, weights, batteries, fusible alloys and radiation shielding. As you can see, lead is an incredibly strong material, which makes it one of the most challenging metals to bond successfully. When it comes to sticking lead, you will need a powerful construction adhesive such as CT1 from C-TEC.
Why use CT1 to bond Lead?
Bonding lead with CT1 means creating a formidable bond that can stand the test of time. It’s excellent resistance to vibration and its ability to accommodate strong movement, makes it ideal for use in construction. CT1 is very flexible, whilst never sacrificing the integrity of its bond, nor its strength.
Lead is one of the most difficult metals to bond successfully, which is why you need a construction adhesive than you can depend on. CT1 works in dry and wet conditions. It is often a sailor’s wingman, since it can work even when it has been submerged underwater. It is used to fix leaks and for emergency repairs. It’s fast-acting nature makes it the perfect choice for those that require not only a quick fix, but one that is going to last.
More Advantages of CT1
- Incredible UV resistance makes CT1 appropriate for outdoor use and in hot climates.
- CT1 refuses to shrink, crack or sag. When adhesives shrink and crack, their adhesion isn’t as strong and you would usually have to re-visit the same job twice or remove the old sealant to replace it with a new one. However, since CT1 doesn’t shrink, it’s bond is never compromised.
- This powerful sealant has an excellence resistance to chemicals.
- Ideal for use in damp conditions since it prevents fungal growth, making it ideal if you need a strong sealant or adhesive to help prevent mould growth.
- You can not only use CT1 in wet conditions, but you can also use in salt-water environments.
- 100% Odourless!
- Meets the high standards of ISEGA, which means that CT1 is food safe.
- You can paint over CT1 with most paints such as acrylics and wall paints etc.
- CT1 contains no isocyanates.
If you need to bond lead, there is no better option than C-TEC’s CT1, the ultimate construction adhesive and sealant that has been given the name “The Snag List Eliminator” – if you would like to see this product in action, refer to the video over on CT1’s main product page.